EU-STRAT - The EU and Eastern Partnership Countries: An Inside-Out Analysis and Strategic Assessment
EU-STRAT is an international research project that studies the relationship between the European Union and the countries in the European Eastern neighbourhood. The main ambition of EU-STRAT is to provide an inside-out analysis and strategic assessment of the links between the EU and Eastern Partnership countries.
EU-STRAT will address two main questions: First, why has the EU fallen short of creating peace, prosperity and stability in its Eastern neighbourhood? And second, what can be done to strengthen the EU’s transformative power in supporting political and economic change in the six Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries?
Together with Prof. Dirk Lehmkuhl and Dr. Katharina Hoffmann, Dr. Ole Frahm will in particular investigate Turkey's foreign policy towards the South Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia) as well as Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova.
In addition to the University St Gallen the research consortium consists of the following partners:
- Freie Universität Berlin (coordinating institution)
- Leiden University
- Fondation Maison des sciences de l'homme, Paris
- Institute of International Relations and Political Science, Vilnius University
- Ukrainian Institute for Public Policy, Kyiv
- Centre for Eastern Studies, Warsaw
- European Social, Legal and Economic Prospects, Vilnius
- The School of Young Managers in Public Administration, Minsk
- Institute for Development and Social Initiatives, Chisinau
- University of Birmingham